Calling all Grade 3 and Grade 7 Student Artists! Your next canvas could be a city bus! Rock 102 and Saskatoon Transit want you to create a work of art illustrating Active Transportation!
Show how people can get around Saskatoon by combining all forms of transportation, walking, biking, taking the bus or any other form of transportation that gets you from A to B! Then submit your art to your teacher by May 31st to be entered! Now’s your chance to upgrade from posting your art on Mom’s fridge to a Saskatoon Transit Bus!
Saskatoon Transit is striving to create a sense of community and a youthful atmosphere by hosting its first Student Art contest for Grades 3 and 7. These grades were chosen as they both discuss public transportation as part of their curriculum. Two winners will be chosen, one from each grade. Winner’s art will be displayed on city Transit buses throughout the summer.
We are looking for Original art that celebrates Active Transportation and all the modes that exist in Saskatoon. (I.e. public transit, cycling, walking, biking, taxis, car-pooling, etc… and their combination with each other).
- Art can be submitted individually or collaboratively as a group or class
- Size can be as small as 8.5” x 11” to a maximum of 139”x 30”
- Can incorporate pencil crayons, crayons, markers, paint etc. but should not be 3D (nothing glued on)
- May include text, diagrams or pictures but may not use any offensive images, language or commercial slogans
- Can (should) incorporate color
- On the back include: name, grade, school, title of piece
- Artwork will not be returned
- Copyright of the artwork will remain with the artist. Saskatoon Transit and the City of Saskatoon retain the right to use images for promotional purposes.
- All art work must be completed by 3:30 p.m. May 31, 2018.
- Art must be submitted to teachers who must email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st to let us know a pick up is required.
- Art will be picked up from each school’s main office on June 1st.
- Winners will be chosen for how well the art fits the theme.